EXHIBIT YOUR BOAT AT DOWNRIGGING
Sultana Downrigging has space for limited number of privately owned boats as exhibit vessels for the weekend. It’s a great way to show off your boat and meet other likeminded people. It’s also loads of fun!
How do I Apply to Exhibit My Vessel at Downrigging Weekend?
- Read all of the information on this page.
- If you are still interested, simply send a short email with a photo and description of your vessel to Drew McMullen at email@example.com.
What are the Requirements for Exhibit Vessels?
- Vessels must be constructed of wood or be a facsimile of a wooden boat design from the 1960’s or earlier. Exceptions can be made for exceptional boats.
- Applicant vessels will be evaluated for historic significance, suitability for exhibit, appearance, etc.
Can I Exhibit My Vessel on Land?
No. We do not anticipate having individual vessels exhibited on land in 2019.
Can I Launch My Boat from the Chestertown Marina Boat Ramp?
Yes, but only during specific times. The Boat Ramp will be closed on Friday, November 1, Saturday, November 2, and through 4:00pm on Sunday, November 3. Exhibit vessels that plan to launch from the Boat Ramp must launch before Friday, November 1 and can haul out after 4pm on Sunday, November 3.
When Should I Arrive/Depart?
Exhibit vessels are expected to be in place by Friday, November 1at 5:00pm and to remain at the festival through Sunday, November 3 at Noon. You are free to go out for a sail/cruise during the weekend.
Where Do I Dock My Boat?
All exhibit vessel slips are located at the newly rebuilt Chestertown Marina. The marina features a combination of new floating and fixed docks. All slips have access to 30/50amp electric and potable water. Slip holders may also use the Marina’s brand-new bathroom and shower facilities.
What Does it Cost to Exhibit/Attend?
To some extent this depends on the boat. For a true showpiece, it’s possible we will wave all fees. In general, the cost is 50% discount on the standard fees at the Chestertown Marina.
What Does My Exhibit Fee Get Me?
- Two (2) nights of dockage at the Chestertown Marina (November 1 & 2) and use of Marina Facilities
- Two (2) passes to the Festival Village where you can enjoy some great bluegrass music, food and drin.
Do I Have to Time My Arrival/Departure Around the Tall Ships’ Schedule?
Because the hulls and the head-rigs of the Tall Ships will partially block the entrances to the Chestertown Marina, larger exhibit vessels, or exhibit vessels with masts or high superstructures, should time their arrival and departure to occur when the Tall Ships are away from the dock.
Weather permitting, the Tall Ships will be away from the docks at the following times
- Friday, November 1 / 3:00-5:00pm Tall Ship Public Sail
- Saturday, November 2 / 10:30am-1:00pm Tall Ship Public Sail
- Saturday, November 2 / 2:30-5:00pm Tall Ship Public Sail
- Sunday, November 3 / 1:00-3:30pm Tall Ship Public Sail
Registering and Reserving Dockage
Again, simply email a photo and short description of your boat to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pretty generous about cancellations and refunds. That said, please don’t reserve a slip unless you are truly committed to attending and let us know as soon as possible if your plans have changed.